Get The Look #2
In our second 'Get The Look' feature we're focusing on the Kitchen and the Guest Bedroom in Kate's house. Both of these rooms feature accents of pink and blue in a pale, neutral scheme. The delicate, pastel accent colours work to lift the neutral palette without being overwhelming.
Kate applied a neat mix of economy and splashing out when she designed her kitchen. She selected neutral, inexpensive cupboards which allowed her budget to stretch to a granite worktop on the island and oak worktops along the wall. Kate limed the worktops to keep the scheme pale and to tone with the floor. Kate also knocked down a wall to allow the space to flow through to a dining area and on around to the sitting room (if you missed it, here is the post about the Sitting Room).
Kate's style is the most feminine of the three of us and she is the most likely to select pink, as evidenced by the fabulous Smeg fridge. Her two boys were not so impressed by this choice!
But the pink is balanced by a fair dollop of blue in the form of glassware, accessories and a blue dresser, with the overall scheme being calming with a sense of fun.
In pride of place, is Blossom, the cardboard cow head on the kitchen wall. This fun feature was found when Kate was trying to source lighting and rugs to finish another room. She didn't come home with any lamps or floor coverings, but everyone loves Blossom!
- Walls painted in Skimming Stone by Farrow and Ball
- Flooring by Whitehall, lime finish by Fiddes
- Granite by Marble and Granite Designs
- Cow Head from Hus and Hem
- Pink and blue accessories - find similar at Camperdown Lane
- Bar stools from Ikea
An ideal guest room should have an inviting bed, a bedside lamp to enable a night-time read, somewhere to plonk an overnight bag and a place for guests to hang up a few items of clothing. This room has all three.
The bed is dressed with white linens, a double sheepskin and pink linen cushions.
A pretty wall rack houses nail varnishes and perfumes, and handy hooks provide a place for guests to hang bags or clothing.
- Walls painted in Pointing by Farrow and Ball
- Carpets by Richard Chambers - The Carpet Company
- Bed from Loaf
- Double Sheepskin from Camperdown Lane
- Pink linen cushions from Camperdown Lane
- Wooden Star from Camperdown Lane
- Wall rack, lamps and hooks - find similar at Camperdown Lane
Next up, we move to Sarah's house...