For our latest Christmas decoration idea we’ve gone with something that is super easy and inexpensive, but still looks very effective.
These little pots with greenery and candles have a vintage-rustic vibe and look really good on their own or grouped in a cluster.
We think they will look amazing in a row on a long Christmas table, styled with white linen, pretty glassware and sparkling silverware.
What You Need
- Zinc Pot (we have three styles to choose from: herb pot, round trough with handles or oval trough)
- Salt or sand
- Greenery (sprigs of evergreen, eucalyptus or moss work well. We recommend using real greenery so you don’t ruin any faux items with wax drips)
- Optional: Candle Snuffer - it makes putting the candles out much easier and safer
- Fill the pot with salt or sand to use as a base for your candles. We used salt to mimic snow.
- Insert your candle/s into the salt making sure they are stable
- Arrange some greenery around the top of the pot and you’re done
- Optional - you can further embellish your decoration by tying some ribbon around the pot before you start
Warning: never leave lit candles unattended.
If you missed our first Decorations post, you can find it here.
Share this post